top of page

ST. ANNE PARISH HISTORY

Historical records show that the first religious ceremonies took place at the Mission of Mattawang as early as 1836. There was no resident priest at that time but travelling missionary priests would come through the area to officiate baptisms, marriages and burials.

The first Catholic church, St. Anne’s, was erected in 1863, and a more modern stone church replaced it in 1889. This church was destroyed in a fire in 1959 and was replaced by the existing building a couple of years later.

CONTACT US /
MAILING ADDRESS

St. Anne

241 Second Street, P.O. Box 160 

Mattawa, ON

P0H 1V0

Telephone:  (705) 744-5391

Email:           stannemattawa@gmail.com

Administrator/Pastor:

Rev. Cyril Okebanama, S.M.M.M.

 

St. Anne  is a Catholic community located in the North Western area of the Pembroke Diocese of Ontario.  Our pastor is Rev. Tim Moyle of Mattawa and our Deacons are Tim Foster and Albert Benoit.

ABOUT US
bottom of page